Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In Praise of "Fungus"



These were a find during a recent neighbourhood shopping trip. These bags are huge. Just to give you some idea of scale, that's a 20 lb + pumpkin that the bags are leaning up against. And the smaller bag was only $2!!
I bought some dried mushrooms from the organic seller at the Farmer's Market this summer which I will put to good use, but the recipes in Moosewood Cookbook (one of my favourites, I must say) have got me using Chinese Dried mushrooms instead. The mushrooms go a long way, as once reconstitued you can use particularly the black ones both as mushrooms, and as a quick, rich soup broth.
Tune in next time, when I will show you what I have created.

1 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

I
LOVE
MUSHROOMS!

Can hardly wait to see whatcha cook up, Kareno!

10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home