Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kim and Julie Christmas


I will be getting on my flight to Toronto for the holiday season shortly. While there, I have been invited to "Kim & Julie Christmas" which occurs next Saturday. You see, Kim is my sister, and Julie is her roommate who also happens to be a vegetarian chef (or at least she has those talents). I think she likes to stretch her "vegan cooking muscles" and I am happy to be fodder for that. So I have been promised a vegan feast with lots of wine. I will report back!
I went to a youth production of "If the Shoe Fits" last night, a funny semi-modernization of the Cinderella story. I was there to see my young cousins (age 11 & 9) perform. The show was in North Vancouver, so we saw the show without power or heat (they brought in a generator for the vital stage lighting, etc). We drove there dodging all the fallen trees outside the church hall where the festivities were held. It was definitely an example of "the show must go on", and they did an amazing job with what they had.
I also found out last night that the 11 year old is a neophyte drummer in a rock band! Can't believe I didn't hear this before, as I am the only other one in the family who can lay claim to being in a band. I will post the link to his band website when I have it. My cousin has done a lot of the design for the site, and it is really cute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew you had a blog!

8:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kareno said...

I do! I do have a blog! Hi Robb!

6:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home